Brisnet.com Handicapper's Hall of Fame
Richard J Nilsen
|11-time Qualifier to the NHC (5-Time tournament 1st Place Winner). Captain of many successful TwinSpires.com Players Pools.|
||Director of Marketing BRIS |
| Other Accomplishments:|
1) 11-Time Qualifier to the National Handicapping Championship in Las Vegas
2) 2000 1st Ellis Park, qualifier for Las Vegasprize.
3) 2001 1st Keeneland August, $10,000 and qualifier for Las Vegas
4) 2001 Orleans Championship, 16th overall, $3,000
5) 1st Place Team Prize National Handicapping Championship, Las Vegas 2002, $5,000, plus 8th position overall. Total winnings of $9,000.
6) 2002 Belmont Park, 19th overall, $500.
7) 2003 Aqueduct Showdown, 9th tie
8) 2003 1st Place Turfway Park Handicapping Blowout $6,500
9) 2004 Turfway Park Contest, 3rd, $1,000.
10) 5th place (tiebreaker) of 2,820 in 2004 Aqueduct Fall Showdown, $1,152.80
11) Member of 3-player panel for the AmericaTAB Pick6 Players' Pool. Contributed to winning Pick-6 scores for 2004 Breeders' Cup and Nov. 28 Hollywood Park Pick-6.
12) 4th place finish in the season-long 2006 Keeneland Fall Online tournament (first Polytrack Meet), $250
13) 6th place in the 2007 Ellis Park Survivor Contest, $1,250
14) Captain of the Pick-6 Players' Pool which hit 2 of the nation's 4 winning tickets on KY Derby Day 2007, gross return of $529,389.80 for all contributing members.
15) 3rd place in the 2007 Racing at the River Tournament, $1,250 and a Trip to the $1 Million Horseplayer World Series
16) Qualified and representing Louisiana Downs for the 2008 NHC.
17) 1st and 3rd place - 2008 Ellis Park Ultimate Handicapping Tournament, $12,000.
18) 4th place - 1st annual Grade One Gamble at Keeneland, $2,000 prize money, entry into the 2010 NHC.
19) 29th place finish in NHC XI, $1,000 prize. January 2010
20) Qualified online in May, 2010 for the 12th annual National Handicapping Championship.
21) Captain of the TwinSpires.com Players Pool. Hit the 2010 Belmont Stakes Superfecta 9 times. Hit one of only 5 winning tickets in the country on the Pick 6, June 9, 2010, for a return of $552,535.80 for the account members.
22) Sole winner of the $1,000 Dime A Day contest for Saratoga, August 1, 2010. Cashed for over $4,500 in this contest during the Saratoga and Del Mar meetings.
23) Captain of the TwinSpires.com Players Pool. Hit one of only 5 winning tickets in the country on the Pick 6 at Saratoga on Sept. 1, 2010 a return of $408,356 for the account members.
24) Finished 8th in the 2011 National Handicapping Championship, earning $21,000, and making him the first player to finish in the top 10 twice in that event.
| Started Playing:
||Started as early as age 7 but did not get serious until about age 13. Been handicapping seriously since. |
| Handicapping Mentor(s):
||My father who took me to the racetracks in New York. He has handicapped his whole life, dating back to the days of the Morning Telegraph. |
| Handicapping Style:
||All-encompassing approach that involves speed, pace, class, trainers, track biases, and pedigrees. No one factor can stand alone. I emphasize certain factors depending on the type of race, e.g. pedigree for turf. Narrow down the race to the list of contenders and go from there, always seeking the best value. |
Back to Brisnet.com Hall of Fame
[ Sign-up ]
[ Products & Prices ]
[ Bookstore ]
[ Track Info ]
[ Library ]
[ Tech Support ]
[ F.A.Q. ]
[ Member Services ]
[ Contact Us ]