|OCTOBER 1998||VOL. 11, NO. 10|
Table Of Contents
After years of research, Bloodstock Research has unveiled the most powerful addition to our value-added BRIS ratings. It's called Prime Power, and it's a tremendous tool for all handicappers.
Prime Power combines many factors into one potent, new figure. Speed, class, pace, form, weight, distance, and more -- are all combined by a sophisticated algorithm into an incredible rating. It's one number for each horse, making it remarkably easy to analyze the contenders in every race. As with all BRIS performance figures (Speed, Class, Pace, etc.), the higher the number the better.
Why is this figure so powerful and unique? Employing dozens of qualitative handicapping factors, the Prime Power Rating accurately measures the demonstrated quality of each horse's most recent starts and consolidates them into one, easy-to-use composite rating. It's simple but incredibily effective!
In the upcoming months developers of our most popular handicapping programs will be revising their software to incorporate the mighty Prime Power Rating. Soon, several of our daily report options will include this authoritative, new number.
But you don't have to wait to find out why it's the greatest number we've ever released! One of our best and most popular reports, the Ultimate Past Performances (PDF versions) now offers the Prime Power Rating for every horse on the card. It's located next to the lifetime record of the runner on the right hand side of each horse's past performances.
So, get online today and be one of the first to take advantage of Prime Power!
|Table Of Contents||
Using only an \$8 ticket, an online subscriber recently hit the Pick Six at Del Mar, which paid a healthy \$7,821.80. Here's what he had to say:
\"I've been a subscriber for two years now and found that BRIS is a first class operation... I now use BRIS exclusively, and whenever I use the BRIS Past Performances I seem to win more money. The Pars and the Pace Ratings are a tremendous advantage, one that the other guy doesn't have.
I downloaded the Past Performances two nights before the Pacific Classic... only used an \$8 ticket because the winners jumped off the page at me!\"
Mike Payne, Los Angeles
|Table Of Contents||
The Wizard, who produces Daily Selections and the Simulcast Best Bets reports on the internet, offers his detailed analysis for upcoming major stakes races, which serve as prep races for the November 7 Breeders' Cup.
"With the Breeders' Cup less than two months away, we are expanding coverage to include more of the major stakes events leading up to racing's championship day," said Michael Kipness, who also is known as The Wizard.
"The detailed analysis include wagering strategies for each event. Money management and wagering strategy are very important to becoming a successful horseplayer, and we're making it much easier for our clients with this product."
Cost for each report is only \$5.00. The Wizard's Road to the Breeders' Cup covers these upcoming graded stakes:
Date Stakes Track --------------------------------------------- Oct 3 Flower Bowl (G1) Belmont Oct 4 Oak Tree Turf Champ. (G1) Santa Anita Oct 10 Beldame (G1) Belmont Jockey Club Gold Cup (G1) Champagne (G1) Frizette (G1) Turf Classic (G1) Queen Elizabeth Chall. (G1) Keeneland Oct 11 Norfolk (G2) Santa Anita Alcibiades (G2) Keeneland Oct 16 Meadowland Cup (G1) Meadowlands Oct 17 Keeneland B.C. Mile (G2) Keeneland Spinster (G1) Keeneland Oct 18 Canadian International (G1) Woodbine Breeders' Futurity (G2) Keeneland
Table Of Contents
A basic tenet of followers of the Sartin Methodology is betting two horses to win. Not everyone \"buys in\" to this because you are guaranteed one losing ticket. However, we do like two horse win betting and here is why. A very good handicapper will probably average about 30 to 35 percent wins betting one horse to win. The two horse win bettor will probably average about 60 to 65 percent wins. Now it is true that the two horse win bettor will always have one losing ticket and if both bettors wager the same dollar amount on a race, the two horse win bettor will have a smaller average net profit per winning bet. Here is what tips the scale in favor of the two horse bettor. Losing streaks will be far less frequent and will be shorter in duration. Your chances of \"tapping out\" will be greatly diminished. Because of this, the percentage of your win bet bankroll that you wager on a race can very safely be increased from the 3 to 5 percent range to the 5 to 8 percent range. The disadvantage of a guaranteed losing ticket is more than offset by a higher win percentage at a higher average bet size.
If there is a clear cut winner, then a one horse win bet is in order as long as it is an overlay. If two horses have a decent shot at the race and at least one is a significant overlay, then bet them both. If three horses figure, then bet the two that are overlays.
Now, you must structure your wager. Lets say that your win bet bankroll is \$500 and you feel confident about the wager so you are willing to bet 8% of your bankroll. This gives you a total of \$40 to wager on the two horses. Some followers of the Sartin Methodology suggest you can do well by simply always splitting the bet with 60% (\$24) placed on the lowest odds horse and 40% (\$16) on the longer odds horse. Lets say you bet \$24 on a 2 to 1 shot \$16 on a 4 to 1 shot. If the 2 to 1 horse wins, you collect \$72 for a \$32 net profit. If the 4 to 1 horse wins, you collect \$80 with a \$40 profit.
Another way to apportion the wager is to "Dutch" the bet. Here is the Dutching formula:
Horse "A" Bet = (Odds to 1 of horse "B") +1 Horse "B" Bet = (Odds to 1 of horse "A") +1
Lets say we have 2 to 1 and 4 to 1 horses. The formula looks like this:
Horse "A" Bet = 4 + 1 = 5 Horse "B" Bet = 2 + 1 = 3
This means that for every \$3 you wager on horse \"A\", you should wager \$5 on Horse \"B\". Our total \$40 wager is thus split with \$15 bet on Horse \"A\" and \$25 bet on horse \"B\". Regardless of which horse wins, we will get back \$75 and our profit will be \$35.
Two horse win betting may not be particularly exciting in itself. But consistently winning and a rapidly growing bankroll is a pretty exciting prospect for most horse players.
|Table Of Contents||