Brisnet.com Handicapper's Hall of Fame
H. Mitchell Schuman
|12-time NHC qualifier.
1st Place in the Claiming Crown Ultimate Handicappers Open, August 2, 2008 at Canterbury Park.|
| Other Accomplishments:|
1) Grand Prize winner of the 2003 Bettor Racing Mid-West Classic. Won $8,900 and qualified for the National Championship, January, 2004
2) Coast to Coast Tournament in Las Vegas, January, 2003 - 10th place out of approximately 400 entries. Total prize money, just over $7,000.
3) Sixth place finish in the 2004 Midwest Classic at Bettor Racing OTB in South Dakota.
4) First place in the 2004 Youbet Holiday Tournament. The win was worth $7,000.00.
5) Fourth place in the Freehold Raceway Handicapping Contest, February, 2005.
6) Sixth place finish at the Royal River Casino Midwest Classic, June 4, 2005.
7) First place in the Ultimate Handicappers Invitational on Belmont Day, June 11, 2005. Took home the top prize of $12,000.
8) October 2005: First place in the Breeders' Cup Ultimate Handicapper
s Invitational at Canterbury. Cash winnings and prize money, $45,000
9) November 2005: Tenth place in the Big M Challenge at Meadowlands Race Track.
10) First Prize in the 2005 Autotote Handicapping Challenge, November 19, 2005. Won over $6,000 and qualified for the DRF/National Handicapping Championship.
11) Seventh place in the Suffolk OTB March Handicap Challenge, March 2006.
12) Third Place OTB Palace Crown Handicapping Contest, July, 2006. Won $2,000.
13) First Place in Tampa Bay Downs Festival Preview Ultimate Handicappers Challenge, February 17, 2007. Won $25,000 and qualified for the 2008 National Handicapping Championship
14) Eighth place in Belmont Park Handicapping Challenge June 23-24, 2007. Won $2,000
15) Third place in the 2007 Wynn Las Vegas Handicapping Challenge. Won $21,250.
16) Ninth place in the 2007 Meadowlands DRF/NTRA Qualifer. Won $2,700.
17) Eighth place in the 2007 Suffolk OTB Handicap Challenge, October, 2007.
18) Third place in the 2007 Monmouth Park Horseplayer World Series Qualifier, December, 2007. Won over $5,000 in cash and prizes and qualified for the 2008 World Series.
19) Fourth Place in the NHC On-Line Qualifying Tournament, April 26, 2008. Qualified for the 2009 National Handicapping Championship
20) 8th Place in the Delaware Park Handicapping Tournament, June 14, 2008. Won $2,500.
21) First Place in the Claiming Crown Ultimate Handicappers Open, August 2, 2008 at Canterbury Park. Won $35,000.
22) Fifth place in the Breeders' Cup Ultimate Handicapper's Invitational at Canterbury Park, October, 2008. Won $2,500.
23) Fifth place in the Maryland Jockey Club Champions Tournament at Laurel Park, March, 2009. Won $2,600.
24) Sixth Place in the NHC On-Line Qualifying Tournament, August 8, 2009. Qualified for the 2010 National Handicapping Championship. Five time NHC qualifier.
25) First Place tie in the Whodoyoulike Daily Showdown Streak Contest, Sept. 19 - Nov. 7, 2009, shared $3,000 prize.
26) 3rd Place, of 800 plus entries, in the Youbet.com My ROI Challenge, January 23-24, 2010.
27) 3rd Place, Cross Country Handicapping Contest at Monmouth Park, July 10, 2010. Won over $4,000 and became a 6 time qualifier for the National Handicapping Championship.
28) 3rd Place, Maryland Jockey Club Champions Tournament, Laurel Park, October 30, 2010. Qualified for the 2011 Horse Player World Series at The Orleans in Las Vegas.
29) Third place, Simulcast Series Challenge, Monmouth Park, February 26, 2011, won $4,500.
30) Sixth place, Simulcast Series Challenge, Monmouth Park, March 19, 2011, won $1,000.
31) Second place in the TwinSpires Handicapping Challenge, May 28, 2011, won $2,100 in cash and prizes.
32) Ninth place in the Palace Crown Long Island Handicapping Championship, August 7, 2011
33) Second Place, Twinspires Claiming Crown Day Handicapping Contest - became 7 time qualifier for National Handicapping Championship, December 3, 2011.
34) Sixth-place finish in NHC Qualify.com contest. Became 8 time qualifier for National Handicapping Championship, December 29, 2012.
35) 5th Place, Monmouth-Woodbine Handicapping Contest, September 15, 2013, won $2,500.
36) 3rd Place, Suffolk OTB Handicapping Challenge, October 26, 2013.
37) First Place, Horse Tourneys NHC Qualifier, November 16, 2013, Became 9 time qualifier for National Handicapping Championship, January, 2014.
38) 3rd Place, NYRA Aqueduct Handicapping Challenge, November 16-17, 2013. Won $9,000 in prize money and qualified for a second entry in the 2014 NHC.
39) First Place, Xpressbet Anything Goes Handicapping Tournament, Pimlico Race Course, April 26-27, 2014. Won $32,000 and qualified for the 2015 NHC.
40) 19th Place, Belmont Handicapping Challenge, Belmont Park, June 21-22, 2014. Won $1,000.
41) 2nd Place, Monmouth Super Qualifier Handicapping Contest, Monmouth Park, August 23, 2014. Won $8,500 and qualified for a second 2015 NHC entry.
42) 11th Place, Aqueduct Handicapping Challenge, Nov. 15-16, 2014; $4,500 cash and prize money.
43) 17th Place (of 262), Saratoga Handicapping Challenge, Aug. 12-13, 2015; $1,400 cash and prize money.
44) 3rd Place (of 290), Horse Tourneys NHC Qualifier, Aug. 30, 2015; became 11 time qualifier to National Handicapping Contest
45) First Place, BetPTC.com NHC Qualifier, November 22, 2015. Qualified for a second entry to the 2016 NHC.
46) 17th Place, Monmouth Pick Your Prize Challenge, Monmouth Park, June 4, 2016. Won approximately $2,000 and became 12-time qualifier for the National Handicapping Championship.
47) 3rd Place, Stars and Stripes Challenge, Belmont Park, July 10, 2016. Won $5,000 and qualified for a second entry to the 2017 NHC.
| Started Playing:
||My first handicapping tournament was in January, 2003. |
| Handicapping Mentor(s):
||My law school roommate Bill Shurman is a great handicapper and is responsible for introducing me to tournament play. |
| Handicapping Style:
||I look at everything. I watch every race from my home (NY) circuit in order to keep accurate trip notes. I'm always looking for the big bomb so I enjoy Turf races with large fields. |
Back to Brisnet.com Hall of Fame
[ Sign-up ]
[ Products & Prices ]
[ Bookstore ]
[ Track Info ]
[ Library ]
[ Tech Support ]
[ F.A.Q. ]
[ Member Services ]
[ Contact Us ]